Hello my lovelies!
What did you guys do over the weekend? Anything interesting? New? 🙂 My hubby and I went to 85c bakery with our friend Mitch and we all left with a box each + yummy drink at hand 🙂 I don’t normally feel bad about treating myself to whatever I want to eat over the weekend, but for some reason, I just do when I indulge in pastries!! Maybe because it’s not like a meal where you just sit, eat, and finish it. A box full of pastries requires you coming back to it over and over until it’s all gone.. *sigh*
Anyway, whenever I feel bad about something bad I ate, I use it to fuel my motivation to go harder on my workouts. With that said, I want to talk about another FREE fitness ‘equipment’ you can use–the STAIRS!
I LOVE STAIRS. In addition to it making things/places look more delightful, stairs provide a great variety to your regular workout routine. You can find some outdoor stairs to use, stairs in your home, or even the stairmaster at the gym! (My favorite cardio machine!)
Some exercises you can do with stairs are the following:
- Pushups and variations: incline, decline/, diamond, clapping, single arm, single leg (to name a few)
- Plank and variations: incline, decline, up-down, mountain climbers (to name a few)
- Squats and variations: jump squats (each step, every other step), side single squats, burlgarian squats, in and out squats, pulse jump squats , etc.
- Lunges and variations: lunge with leg lifts, lunge pulses, etc.
- Arm Dips: with legs straightened or legs at a 90 degree angle.
- Run Up: each step or skipping steps
- Run Down: recommended NOT to skip steps for this one
I am sure there are so many more but I’m positive you all get the idea. Below is a stair workout I curated and performed. You can right click the photo to save, or watch the video by clicking on it. If you want to try this out, please make sure to read the disclaimer first and to perform EACH exercise THREE times before moving to the next one.
DISCLAIMER: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Katrina Jean Carter from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com’s negligence.
Let me know how you guys find the workout and feel free to give additional feedback/suggestions, too 🙂