I was already having a good day when my friend Benny, from BennyMakachi.wordpress.com told me that she nominated me for the Liebster Award–now I’m having a great day 🙂
Simply put, the Liebster Award is a fun and creative way to acknowledge new up and coming blogs of a good standard and help boost its audience. The rules are easy peasy:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award.
- Display the Liebster Badge on your site.
- Answer the questions you were sent.
- Choose 5 (to 11) blogs to nominate.
- Send 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
I am accepting the award! 🙂 And I wouldn’t be able to do so without Benny’s nomination. From USA to Africa, I am sending you my greatest love and thanks. Since stumbling on your page, not only do I now have wonderful reads to look forward to, I also found a friend. Your posts are always fascinating to me–I love your fashion and beauty advice and your passion for life gets me inspired.
Here are the questions Benny sent me:
- What gives you the most joy?
– I’m handing this one to my husband.. We’ve been through so much together since the day we met. It hasn’t always been chirping birds and flowers; but at the end of each day, there’s really no place I’d rather be but beside him. He is the only place I always feel safe and protected; and I know that he will always want what is best for me.
- Hilary or Trump. Who would you vote and why?
– To be completely frank, I am NOT eligible to vote here yet as my immigration paperwork is still in process! However, if I can, I am definitely NOT voting for Donald Trump. Naturally, I am leaning towards the democratic party–I’m all for the voice of the people. Hilary to me would be the best bet as she’s been involved with politics the majority of her life. She’s made different connections and a (mostly) good impression all over the world. Her stern attitude and drive lets me know she will get things done.
- If you could go back, what advise would you give to your younger self?
– Does my younger self include me from 3-5 years ago? Even though I was a young adult at that age (19-21 years old), so much has happened that those days feel ancient to me. My advise would be this: INVEST IN YOUR DREAMS. I look back and sometimes regret how much I could have done for my dreams back then; but then, I’m reminded that it’s in the past and the only thing I can do is learn from my mistake so what truly matters is that I’m doing something about it now. 🙂
It is still in my plans to have my own fashion line one day. Below you will find some work I did years ago that I discontinued….for now
- In what ways has blogging impacted you the most?
– I’ve been blogging for a very long time but I used it as a means of remembering life (journal) back then. Now, I blog to share. Since starting this blog, it has helped me stay organized and focused day after day, week after week, month after month. It helps me focus on the good and the service behind everything. I notice I wake up more happy as I have something to look forward to!
- Are you a romantic comedy or sci-fi babe, if yes. what are your favorites?
– Neither! I actually think of myself more of an action-film kind of girl.. However, I just love movies in general so I have favorites in every genre.. For romantic comedy, my favorites are The Wedding Date and Over Her Dead Body. For sci-fi it has to be The Martian.
- Note from you to every woman out there would be…?
– EMBRACE WHO YOU TRULY ARE. Say no when you mean no and yes when mean yes. Embracing your true authentic self helps you live life the best way you can and this will be the very reason those who truly loves you adore you for.
- What drives you to get up in the morning and try to do your best even on the hardest day when you feel like shit?
– My answer for this one is simply God. When I open my eyes to a new day, I do my best to connect with Him in prayer before anything else. Doing so helps me start the day on the right mindset. And in times of turbulence, He never fails to give me peace and renewed hope.
- What are your guilty pleasures and why?
– PASTRIES!! Pretty self-explanatory–they are just too good and so difficult to say no to. I used to be addicted to McDonald’s and soda but since deciding I wanted to live a healthier life, I’ve managed to keep Mickey D’s off me for 4 years now and soda–now for a whopping 6 years!! With pastries, though, I could still eat half a dozen donuts in one sitting.
- What distinguishes your from other bloggers?
– To be completely honest, I don’t know! So many people blog about so many things nowadays and there’s beauty in it as to we are all able to express whatever in our own way. I try to do my best to keep my content a reflection of the life I live–the good, the bad, and everything in between.
- Any tips on how to achieve the summer body of our goals?
– I’m keeping it simple for this one: STAY HYDRATED AND KEEP IT MOVING! A summer body is not achieved overnight and the best kind of summer body is one you get to keep year-round 😉
Now it’s my turn to nominate! I nominate Kayla from heartmotions.wordpress.com , Paje from ThePetiteMaestro.com , Kristina Gomez from cakeupcosmetics.org, Nika Peji from writtenwhims.wordpress.com, and Lexi from lexilife95.wordpress.com
Here are my 10 questions for you wonderful ladies:
- Looking back at life, what is something you wish you could’ve done better and why?
- What does a perfect day by yourself look like? Describe it 🙂
- Not including all tech stuff (and keys of all sorts), what item can’t you leave the house without and why?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be and what would you use it for?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
- What is your ultimate dream in life?
- What are you currently looking forward to?
- If there was something you could change about society today, what would it be?
- What hopes do you have for your blog/website?
- What do you wish to be remembered for when you’re gone?