Today has been so uneventful. I did pretty much everything on my to do list and found myself wasting time away playing Pot Farm on my phone so I decided to start writing for June instead!
About two months ago, I bought myself a stability ball. I got it for 3 dollars on OfferUp from a lady who was moving out of the country. It was the perfect size and the cheapest among the bunch online so I figured WHY NOT. I honestly didn’t think I’d own one as I’ve been working out for years and the thought of having one never really appealed to me. I feel like it’s too bulky to be around the house and felt I could substitute it with other equipment or do the same exercise without having to use it. Well, all of that changed. After thoroughly cleaning the ball, I incorporated it with my workouts right away. I love it! Using the stability ball increased the difficulty of the exercises. It also opened my eyes to areas I needed to improve on.
Besides using it for workouts, what other good thing comes from it? Here are 5 awesome reasons to love the stability ball:
- It’s cheap– Yeah I got mine for three bucks–but I’m your frugal sister and saving money makes me reaaallly happy. However, if you want to buy a new one it’s still really affordable! Most of them are under 30 dollars.🙂
- It makes exercises challenging– I love how I can use this ball to work on any body part: shoulders, chest, abs, leg, back, and even arms! Not to mention, using this makes it more difficult which means more room for muscle development. Yay!
- It helps improve balance– Besides the added difficulty, this is the main thing that caught my attention when I started using this fantastic equipment.
- Strengthens your core– The main reason why I looked into and got me a stability ball. As fit as I am, I am not a big fan of ab workouts. I find them pretty boring.. However, using this has motivated me to try out new moves for my core. It led me to a number of exercises I need to master–a way to spice up my fit journey!
- Great for stretching– Just try rolling your back on it. It feels ah-mazing.
** Last June 1, I woke with my lower back in extreme pain due to sleeping in an awkward position on the couch. With the help of yoga and stretches on this ball, my pain was gone in a few days.🙂 **
And as promised, below you will find a week’s worth of free workout! This is the routine I used when I first got my ball. I performed these exercises with weights but you can adjust heaviness according to your fitness level🙂
DISCLAIMER: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Katrina Jean Carter from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com’s negligence.