Hello lovely people!
I hope you are all having a wonderful day🙂 Today I am going to share 5 of my go-to healthy breakfast. Breakfast is something I look forward to everyday. There’s just something about breaking the fast that gets me so excited. I’m sure we all have heard of the saying, “breakfast is the most important meal of the day”. Though I am not quite sure on this, I do know that eating breakfast does the following:
- Starts up your metabolism
- Gives you energy to start the day
- Allows you to have better focus and mood (no hangry feelings)
- Keeps you away from starvation (starving leads to loss in body mass especially in muscle and for fitness junkies, this is a no no!)
Like most people, I enjoy my waffles, pancakes, eggs benedict, and big brunch. However, like most people too, I am not able to whip these up regularly. In addition, unless you are using cleaner ingredients (ex: oat/coconut flour for pancakes etc. .) the ones above aren’t really the most healthy choice. So with that, I gladly share 5 of my “fool-proof” breakfast options. These will never fail you and your stomach will thank you!
– My ultimate favorite! It gives you the right amount of carbs for the day and it’s sooo customizable. I like having mine topped with fruits like the one below but I also like having it mixed with my protein powder🙂 The best part about oats? It helps keep my stomach flat and my ass full. Gains!
- Kefir/Greek Yogurt with Fruits and Nuts
– I actually prefer Kefir because of the amount of probiotics in it but Greek yogurt is just as good of a choice as well. Protein packed and once again, something you can modify to your liking! I like mixing mine with fruits and nuts with a drizzle of honey🙂
- Green Smoothie
– Another perfect option! I had sooo many days where I would be drinking a green smoothie as I drive to work. I love it because it is so easy to whip up. I like using spinach and/or avocado for my greens and ofcourse, mixed with fruit to make it sweeter and very bearable to drink🙂 If you don’t need it on the go, you can enjoy it in a bowl like the one below!
READ: How To Make A Smoothie Bowl
- Chia Pudding
– This is something that you need to prepare at night. But let me tell you, you won’t regret it! Packed with fiber and protein to start the day? You can never go wrong with that. Below you can see two ways of how I prepared it.
READ: How to make Chia Pudding
– Classic source of protein! Love me some eggs any way. Sunnyside up, scrambled, or boiled. In a whole grain toast or wrap, and even by itself! I eat the whole thing, not just the egg whites as there are so many benefits from the yolk!🙂
And there’s my list🙂 What is your favorite breakfast meal and why? Share with me in the comments below🙂 Also, feel free to give me any suggestions for post topics you’d like to see in the future. Would love to hear from you guys🙂