Here it is, guys! My favorite shoulder exercises that require no machine! As mentioned before, I love sharing these because I am a huuuge advocate of getting fit even without the help of a gym. You do not have to pay monthly fees to have a place to workout it–you can do it at the very comfort of your home and all you need is a small space! If you can lay down on the floor, that is all the space you’ll need!
Before I proceed, I wanted to share with my new readers previous posts regarding “machine-less exercises”.
- Click HERE for 5 BODYWEIGHT exercises that are effective (these helped me jump start my passion for fitness)
- Click HERE for 5 machine-less LEG exercises
- Click HERE for 5 exercises you can do with ANKLE WEIGHTS.
- Click HERE for 5 machine-less CHEST exercises
- Click HERE for 5 basic YOGA stretches you can do now.
I hope these articles help and motivate you to stay working on your fitness goals. It’s truly just about making the most with what we have right now!
One thing I learned when doing my course in Fitness Training, was that the shoulders are one of the easily injured parts of our body. Thinking about it, we do so much with our shoulders just by doing regular day to day things. We are all prone to wear and tear and the best way to alleviate the risk of injury is by strengthening them (Properly, of course. Please make sure you are cleared for physical activity by your doctor, and have a trained professional help you with working out if you are not comfortable doing it by yourself). Not to mention, having a sculpted, tone shoulder is just so sexy to look at! It compliments any sleeveless, one shoulder, off-shoulder, or strapless clothing!
I am so excited to share my go-to shoulder exercises so let’s get to it:
DISCLAIMER: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Katrina Jean Carter from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com’s negligence.
- Shoulder Press/ Single Shoulder Press
– A classic move you can never go wrong with! This is almost always in my shoulder routine. As an alternative, you can perform the single shoulder press with heavier weights. Do 12-14 reps, 3-4 sets, with weights depending on your fitness level.
- Upright Rows
– Among the exercises on the list, this has to be my favorite. I like performing this with a bar but since I do not have one at home, I use my dumbbells which works just fine! Once again, perform 12-14 reps, 3-4 sets, with weight depending on your fitness level.
- Military Press
– This exercise is tougher than it looks! I feel like such a badass performing this exercise especially when I do it with a bar. I typically execute this while sitting down but switch up to standing position when I want some variety. Do 12-14, 3-4 sets, with weight depending on your fitness level.
- Side Lifts
– This exercise is undeniably on the tough side as well. I use lighter weights when I do this and usually as a superset with front raises. Do 6-8 reps, 3-4 sets, with weight depending on your fitness level.
- Pike Pushups
– This is my favorite bodyweight shoulder exercise! When found in my routine, I use this as a ‘burnout’–doing as many as I can or add it as one of the exercises in my HIIT workout.
What is your favorite among the list? And if I didn’t mention your favorite, please share with me below in the comments 🙂