Hi guys! I am on such a chia seed mood this week so I decided to post more about it hehe.
The other day I made chia pudding from scratch for the first time. I’ve always added chia seeds to my yogurt and it pretty much gives the same consistency but making your own chia pudding is definitely a LOT cheaper. I decided to make one again today and share with you guys how I made it! It is very easy to make and is a great breakfast option when you are on the go. (Just make sure you make it the night before!)
Here is what you’ll need:
- 2 cups milk – any kind you like but we prefer Almond milk🙂
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds- the main ingredient for our chia pudding!
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Pure Honey – other sweeteners such as Pure cane sugar works too (I used it the first time I made it) stevia and pure maple syrup works as well.
- In a container ( I used a mason jar) add 2 cups of milk
- Measure 1/2 cup Chia seeds and add it in
- add your vanilla extract
- add your sweetener
- Mix with a spoon (or in my case, I placed the lid on and gave it a good shake🙂 )
- Place your pudding in the fridge until the seeds gel up and the mixture becomes thick like pudding. Overnight works best, and it should look like this the next day:
Top it whatever fruits and nuts you want and it’s ready to go! Here is my wonderful chia pudding parfait and chia pudding bowl as seen on Instagram:
If you like Chia Seeds, I have other recipes on the blog. Click Here
Hope you guys enjoyed this post. Please feel free to let me know what other contents you’d like to see. I’d be happy to accommodate them🙂