Throughout my years of training, quite a number of people expressed to me how much they would love to get fit “if only they had time to do it.” There are a number of reasons for us to be deemed busy: you could be a full-time student, a full-time employee, have kids, or maybe even all of it!
I am going to tell you something you probably have heard before…..we ALL have 24 hours in a day!
Some of you might say, “But you’re just a housewife–of course you have all the time” and yes, I’m fortunate to have as much free time right now but trust me, that wasn’t always the case. When I was working my first full-time job as a mascot prototype maker, work started at 7:30 and ended at 4pm. Since I lived in the country side, I drove 1 hour going to work and another hour going back. I knew that I’d be too exhausted after working the whole day that I would wake up at 4am everyday to get my workout in. There was also a 6-month period wherein I was working multiple jobs (1 full-time, and 2 part-time to be exact) and doing online courses for my Fitness Trainer Certification on top of that. I would get home at around 10:30-almost 11pm Mondays to Saturdays. I now know that I overworked myself; but, at that time, I was saving as much money as I could (and quick) for relocation. I would, once again, wake up earlier to get my workout in even if it meant just engaging in a short 15 minute HIIT workout–believe me, they do wonders! You do NOT have to spend hours working out! I made it work and stayed fit through it all!
I give myself breaks whenever I feel my body and/or spirit desperately needs it. I remind myself that rest is productive, too! In days where I would decide to skip a workout, I will still do my best to squeeze in exercises while doing everyday tasks. Want to know how? Keep reading!🙂
~ ~ ~
- Squats – this workout doesn’t require much space at all! Personally (on off days), I try to do 20-25 each time I use the bathroom. Let’s say you go a total of 5 times and did 20 squats for each time you went, that’s 100 squats in a day!
- Jump Squats – if you want to switch it up, you can do this instead of the regular squat! It requires more effort so you can lessen the reps if you like.
- “Invisible Wall” Sit on Toilet– every time you go to the bathroom to pee, try just hovering above it without touching the seat (but making sure you do not make a mess!) If you have really long pee breaks, you will feel some burn on your quads!🙂
Note: I do not recommend this to guys.
- Calf Raises – another goody you can do almost anywhere! While you’re washing your hands, brushing your teeth, waiting for the stuff you are copying or printing out, while waiting at the bus/train stop or even at the grocery line if you have the guts to!
- Ab Holds – we all sit during the day–whether you’re typing stuff out (like I am right now) or getting your nails done–whatever the reason may be, consciously tighten your core for as long as you can! Give yourself a short break, and do it again!
~ ~ ~
These are some of the things I do to get me going even on a busy day! What about you?🙂 Feel free to share any of your ideas🙂
Also, if you are interested in doing HIIT workouts, my sister and I compiled this wonderful e-book containing a healthy grocery list, nutrition guide with meal ideas, and 3 months worth of progressive workouts! Only $2.99!!! FREE for Kindle Subscribers!! (click photo below)