This post is inspired by The Wholesome Dish’s Cranberry Tuna Salad on Apple Slices.
I grew up in the Philippines and was blessed to have housemaids to help us around the house. I never really had to cook, clean, or do my own laundry until I had to learn how to do so when my family moved to Canada. Even then, my mom took on most of the cooking.
Eventually, it was time for me grow up and move out of my maternal home. It has been a wonderful learning experience going through life without being reliant on my parents especially my mom. I’m doing pretty good but there are certainly days where all I want is to indulge in my mom’s home-made cooking with the rest of my family.
Since getting married, Pinterest has become my go-to help for everything. Trust me when I say I search more things on it over Google!! Pinterest got sooo addicting–and what’s better than just pinning? Making the stuff you pin! And that’s the story with this recipe.
I’ve always been a fan of tuna salad sandwiches but encountering this left me very curious! I would never think of putting it on apple slices. My review? I loved the crisp and freshness the apple added! It was sooo good, I ate it right away.
I made a few revisions for this recipe but feel free to check out Amanda’s blog from the link above🙂
- 1 Sweet Red Apple
- 1 can (5 0z.) Tuna chunks in water
- 2.5 Tbps. Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt (I tried using 1 tbps as suggested but found it too dry)
- 1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2.5 Tbps. Raisins (I used this just because I like them more than cranberries)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cilantro for garnish
- Drain tuna and place in a mixing bowl
- Add the mayonnaise and apple cider vinegar
- Mix in raisins
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Mix again and set aside ( I placed it in the fridge to chill for a short bit.)
- Cut apple slices horizontally. (I cut mine about 1/3 of an inch each and got 5 cuts)
- Top apple slices with tuna salad (depending on how much you want on your slices, you might have leftover)
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve right away.