Hey Badass Babes!
Happy Sunday! It’s freaking April! I hope your first week went well.
If you have been keeping up with my Instagram and Facebook posts this week, then you already know our theme this month here on LaKatwoman.com is all about DETOX!
Our Detox this month is not just about engaging in physical detox. It is also about mental and emotional detox. Basically, detoxing your reality!
My sister, Paje Rey (Transformative Wealth Coach and founder of Christian Entrepreneur Movement) and I hosted a live discussion about this topic over on Instagram last Wednesday. We shared different ways to detox your reality (mind, body, and soul). Today, however, we are here to explore how yoga aids in overall detox! I will also be sharing 5 Detox Yoga Moves you can try at home.
Yoga and Detox. What is the relation?
We all have heard the many benefits that yoga provides: helps with flexibility, aids in muscle recovery, strengthens the mind and relaxes our being.
When we embark on a detox, we yearn for a good cleanse. Yoga aids in that process by allowing oxygen and energy to flow in our body. Yoga poses that involves twists, bends, and inversions encourages our organs to work our best. You can read more about Yoga and Detox HERE
I hope the information on the linked article served you well as much as it did me! Now here are some poses you can try at home (or anywhere really! 🙂 )
5 Detox Yoga Moves
DISCLAIMER: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Katrina Jean Carter from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com’s negligence.
- Open Heart – This yoga pose requires us to free up our chest and look up towards the sky. It’s a sweet surrender to the Love that created us and everything around us. This pose allows more blood and oxygen to flow through our upper body encouraging emotional balance.
- Yoga Squat – In addition to strengthening the lower body, this yoga move encourages healthy digestion and organ function in the lower part of our body. When we are engaging in detox we are consciously cleansing our digestive system so this move greatly helps! 🙂
- Wide Legged Forward Fold with Twist of Shoulder Stretch – Like the yoga squat, this pose aids in digestion. Adding a twist gives your body that extra stretch allowing more energy and oxygen to pass. Please be extra cautious when performing a twist. Do not overexert yourself and always listen to your body.
- Supported Shoulder Stand – I used to do this pose in dance training back in high school. I wasn’t aware that this is a yoga pose — let alone, the many benefits it had. Some popular benefits include relief from abdominal pain and headache. It also soothes and calms the mind and aids in digestion. Perfect for a reality detox 🙂
- Three Legged Downward Dog – This stretch is always so refreshing. It soothes your mind and relieves the body of fatigue. Perfect move when you want to do an emotional and mental detox. I showed two variations below: one with a bent leg and another that’s not.
Those are my picks for 5 Detox Yoga Moves. I have tried them myself and has certainly helped me pick myself up when I was feeling low.
I mentioned in the live discussion that my sister and I had then if you feel like you need an overall detox–mental, emotional, and physical, take care of the mental aspect FIRST. Its directly connected to our emotional energy which fuels our physical energy.
Stay blessed and happy 🙂