Hey Badass Babes!
***A Mini Review of True Food Kitchen will be included. Opinions expressed are solely my own and do not express the views or anyone else affiliated to me. ***
Enjoy Eating Out Healthy: Five Tips
- Remember WHY you are choosing to do this – For me, it is because I truly enjoy eating healthy. Only people who are used to eating junk will say eating healthy “is bland or doesn’t taste good”. It can actually be very delicious and I love knowing I am making conscious decisions to care for my well being.
- Look up spots around the area in advanced – My friend Jen and I are pretty similar when it comes to our health goals so picking this spot was an easy choice!
- Check Menu to see if there is anything you’d like! – And don’t just check for JUST anything you’d like, find healthy options you know you’ll enjoy. This is my friend Jen’s pick. I had a taste of it and it was soooo delicious! I love how they marinated (or glazed) the sweet potatoes.
- You can never go wrong with plant-based options! – There are a lot of misconception on how veggies won’t fill you up unless there’s meat or heavy carbs… Truth be told both my friend and I had food to take home! We were stuffed!
- Ask for their tastiest healthy recommendation/ try something new! – Coming here was my second time (The first was in Newport Beach, CA.) I asked their waiter what recommendation they have for a veggie-based meal. These are what she suggested and I enjoyed them all! The salad is an awesome palette cleanser and the cauliflower has a burst of savory and sweet flavor!
And there are my 5 tips, you guys. I’ve heard people tell me “but eating out is my treat” well, me too! But I enjoy treating myself with healthy food. It keeps me focused and feeling good 🙂
On that note, I will end with this reminder: your body will crave what it is used to eating. The more you eat junk, the more your body craves it…the more you eat healthy delicious food, the more you want it. This is coming from a girl who used to drink soda every single day…..but is soda free for over 8 yrs now and do not feel restricted 🙂