How has your week been going? Mine has been going fast but going well 🙂 I feel sooo much better after allotting a couple weeks for deep self-reflections and time off intense physical training. My short break really helped me gain a better mindset on issues I have been dealing with lately and has given me a fresh sense of joy and hope for life ahead.
I am so happy that despite not training for 2– almost 3 weeks, I was able to maintain pretty well.
I noticed I have been so busy with blog networking that I am falling behind on my scheduled posts. Mostly with the pictures but I had some catching up to do on writing so voila, here I am.
The main aim I have for sharing these fitness wisdom is to help birth some motivation or inspiration within you, my readers. Whether it’s motivation to workout, take care of yourself, or finally start working on your dreams–that is what I wish my posts give you.
Fitness has been ‘seriously’ in my life since I was 18. Most of my training, even today, are done from home. (Read Why I Quit Going To The Gym) Don’t get me wrong, I love the additional services and equipment in the gym, but I absolutely adore the convenience of working out at home.
This post is dedicated to those who want to stay fit at home. I know not everyone has a workout room or a home gym so I am sharing 5 essential equipment you need to stay fit at home. I’ve had more equipment to work with in the past but the ones below are the ones I believe to be basic and necessary as they are multifunctional and do not take up a lot of space.
- Yoga Mat
– Very basic but very needed! I love having an for outdoors and one for indoors. Yoga mats are a necessity as you can perform so many exercises on them and the best part is, it’s light enough to be carried anywhere! (Beach workout? No problem! Park workout? Sure! Yoga a home? Definitely.)
READ: Fvaorite 5: Basic Stretches / Yoga Moves (All you need is a mat!)
– I’ve always been a bar and plate kind of girl but not having enough space to have one since moving to LA made me appreciate dumbbells! Love how I am able to use it to train and strengthen my whole body. From shoulders down to my calves!
READ: Favorite 5: Chest Exercises that Require No Machine (perfect use for your DB’s!)
- Ankle Weights
– I have been using ankle weight in my home workouts for about 3 years now. The wonderful thing about these babies is you can wrap them around your arms as well. I especially love using these for a good butt workout. Another great way to use them is to walk around your home with them on for an active rest day!
READ: Favorite 5: Moves Using Ankle Weights
- Stability Ball
– Never thought I would add this to the list but I have fallen inlove with stability balls! It adds so much variety to my workout routine and helps me strengthen my balance and my core.
READ: Stability Ball + A Week’s Worth of Workouts
- Resistance Band
– A new favorite of mine! Love how this is so versatile and so light that you can literally bring it everywhere. I find this most useful when I am travelling. 🙂 It’s always a major plus when an equipment allows you to work different areas of your body.
What is your favorite home workout equipment and what do you think I should add to the list? Do let me know in the comments below 🙂