Hello beautiful people, I hope the day is treating you well.
When I started lifting weights in 2014, I got soo addicted and excited with my workouts that I consciously skipped on something very important: stretching.
I was doing really fine skipping them (or so I thought) until I realized that the soreness I experience afterwards were not normal anymore: I experienced Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness or simply put, DOMS. Of course, I didn’t know about this until I studied fitness training and pursued my certification.
My DOMS got so bad that it eventually lead to over-training and I had to take a complete break from working out to get myself rejuvenated. It did not feel good missing my workouts and that’s when I started appreciating the simple act of stretching.
Stretching is most vital after working out as it assists muscle recovery and growth after your exercise. That isn’t the only benefits to stretching, however. It also increases your range of motion (flexibility), supports proper blood flow, provides energy, and reduces stress! Because of these, I am now greatly appreciative of stretches and even started practicing yoga 🙂 (I used to dislike it as I found it too slow paced for me)
My love for stretching has given me a new hobby and more goals to achieve. It has given my workouts spice and added excitement! With that said, I am very happy to share my favorite stretches/ basic yoga moves.
DISCLAIMER: You should understand that when participating in any exercise or exercise program, there is the possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise or exercise program, you agree that you do so at your own risk, are voluntarily participating in these activities, assume all risk of injury to yourself, and agree to release and discharge Katrina Jean Carter from any and all claims or causes of action, known or unknown, arising out of KatrinaJeanCarter.wordpress.com’s negligence.
- Cobra – This stretch feels so good on the spine and gives me life each time I perform it. I especially love doing these in the morning and makes me feel revitalized right away.
- Downward Dog – This is an incredible full body stretch. It works your hips, legs, shoulders, arms, and back!
- Dancer’s Pose – This stretch reminds me of my dancing days and makes me feel so gorgeous and graceful. It is a wonderful hip opener and works your thigh muscles and flexibility!
- Mountain – Another very invigorating stretch. I just feel so posistive and full of energy when I do these.
- Half Moon – In addion to my great adorment for la Luna, I enjoy this stretch because it truly works my legs and my sides.
I hope you guys enjoyed my post. I truly appreciate the support I get in doing this. What does stretching mean in your life and how often do you do it? Which one is your favorite from the list and what stretches that aren’t here do you perform on a regular? Let’s discuss below 🙂