Hey guys! If you got to this page by clicking the link on my blog, Favorite 5: Things to Do with Chia Seeds, then you pretty much know how this goes.
As mentioned from my previous post, Chia Fresca is a refreshing and healthy drink that’s found everywhere in Mexico and is drank regularly. It’s so perfect for summer weather here in Los Angeles. What I love about it the most is that it’s mostly filtered water so right off the bat I know it’s good for me lol. On a serious note, though, this drink is special because you get a hint of lime and lemon. It makes it so fresh and the chia seeds are just a major plus for it’s additional nutrition boost especially when it comes to fiber.
So let’s get to it, how is it made?
YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING:
- Filtered Water – for my pitcher, I used a total of 3.5 glasses of water (mason jar size) / use one glass of water if making a single serving
- Lime and/or Lemon – I used half a lemon’s juice and sliced the other half as well as 2 limes (one juiced, and one sliced) / a single lime or lemon is enough for 1 serving
- Sweetener – I typically use honey but since I didn’t have some at home, I used pure cane sugar (1/3 cup for my pitcher) / to taste for single serving
- Chia Seeds – I used 1/2 cup for my pitcher / 2 tablespoons for single serving
- Rinse Pitcher / glass
- Fill glass or pitcher with filtered water
- Juice lime/lemon and add to water
- Add sweeter
- Add chia seeds
- Add lemon and/or lime slices
- Mix one more time
- Let chill in the fridge for atleast 3 hours (allowing the chia seeds to gel up a bit) or overnight.
- Serve cold.
That’s it! Pretty straightforward and trust me–this will keep you hydrated and keep your tummy happy as well! 🙂
Have you tried chia fresca? What do you think of it? What other ways do you enjoy your chia seeds? I’d love to know 🙂