(Featured image is from thebeautymarkgirls.com)
I’d like to take this moment to personally say thank you to all of you who have shown me support and encouragement in what I do. This blog has greatly helped me to stay focused on the good and on the wonderful opportunity to serve while enjoying what I do. I have been so inspired; ideas just keep on coming, and I am so happy to share it with you all.
This post is about superfood CHIA SEEDS!!!! I’ve been consuming chia seeds since 2012 and I honestly wish I had found it sooner. I love it so much because of its versatility and the great amount of nutrients in it. Personally, I love them most for its high fiber content.
If you wish to gain knowledge on the other benefits of adding chia seeds to your diet, mychiaweeds.com will tell you all about it here.
There are so many ways you can enjoy chia seeds but I love it best in the following:
- Smoothies – There was a time in my life where I worked 1 full time job and 2 part time jobs. Despite being so busy, I managed to eat well and never skipped breakfast, thanks to home-made smoothies. Packed with fruits and greens, mixed with 2 teaspoons of chia seeds, it was a perfect way to start the day. My body was fuelled with good food! Below you can find my avocado smoothie bowl topped with my favorites including CHIA seeds! I show you how to make it here.
- Topping for Oats (and salads) – I just love starting the day right! I can eat whole oats almost everyday. I love the good it does for my body and it’s such a fool-proof meal!
Below you can find my breakfast bowl: Whole oats with almond milk, topped with strawberries, cinnamon, a little bit of pure cane sugar, flax seeds, and CHIA seeds!
- Chia Fresca – apparently this is a regular drink in Mexico! It’s my number 3 because it’s so easy to make. I show how to make it here; but for short, it only requires filtered water, sweetener (I use honey or pure cane sugar), lime juice, and chia seeds! Let it chill in the fridge for a few hours to overnight (so the seeds can gel up) and you have a refreshing and healthy drink at hand 🙂
- Home-made Popsicles – pretty straight forward because who doesn’t enjoy popsicles?? It’s a wonderful way to get kids eat fruits and veggies as well. Adding chia seeds will just boost up its nutrients! The photo below is Maryanne’s Kiwi Coconut Chia Popsicle from thelittleepicurean.com
- Add to baked (and no baked) goodies – from protein/energy bars, to cookies, cakes and everything in between, adding chia seeds and knowing you are putting good fibre in your body will have you feeling fabulous as you devour your treats 😉 Below you will find a photo of Quinoa Chia Seed Protein Bars that are featured on wendypolisi.com
Do you like chia seeds? If so, how do you enjoy yours? I’d love to know! 🙂