Cucumber? Chips? Whaaaa. You read that right! If you’re like me, eating cucumbers as chips are probably foreign to you until now. Yeah I’ve heard of kale chips and zuchinni chips as healthy alternatives to crunchy salty potato chips– but cucumbers? Nope. Until I stumbled upon a recipe on Pinterest (you guessed it lol)
As mentioned on my previous post, my supposedly detox week became a fail. However, I didn’t want to put my veggies and fruits to waste so I decided to experiment! I’m sad my detox did not go as planned but happy that I get to add 2 things done under my “24 things to do for my 24th year” plan, section 4.
The process in making these cucumber chips are pretty much like the steps in dehydrating strawberries in the oven. The only difference is it’s seasoned and its baked at a slightly lower temperature.
There are a lot of recipes for cucumber chips but the one I followed is from The Crunchy Chronicles. 🙂
How to make Cucumber Chips:
1. Preheat oven 170 degrees.
2. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
3. Wash cucumber thoroughly and slice 1/8 ” thick.
4. Using a paper towel, pat dry cucumbers and season with desired spices or ACV. (I used, ACV and salt for half of the batch and garlic powder, onion powder, and salt for the rest)
5. Place cucumbers on tray and bake for 3-4 hours.
After 3 hours, some of them were already crispy. So I took them out, flipped the others, and continued baking them.
I’m not sure why but some of them turned out a bit sweet? Haha other than that I actually prefer dipping it in ACV to get more vinegar taste hehe.