I love drinking green tea but it’s not always easy sipping on a hot drink in the summertime. However, I love the benefits I get from it so I try to find ways on how to drink it when it’s blazing hot outside.
There are many ways to enjoy this lush drink in the summer. (I’ll write about them throughout the season so make sure to watch out! 😉 )But for now, I’d like to share one of the many ways I dress up my green tea in the summer:
STRAWBERRY-LIME ICED GREEN TEA:
(Makes 1 Tall glass)
- 1 Teabag Green Tea
- 1 Lime Thinly Sliced
- 2-3 Strawberries Chopped to however small/big you desire
- Preferred sweetener to taste (For this, I used organic pure cane sugar. But when I have it on hand, I use honey)
- 2 Cups Water
- Heat 2 cups of water on stove on medium heat. Once it boils, turn the stove off and let the water sit for 1 minute.
- After one minute, transfer water to your tall glass or container. Add the teabag and let it brew for 2-3 minute. (Note: waiting the minute after the water boils is important because too high of a temperature will burn and destroy the herbs in the tea)
- Meanwhile, chop up your strawberries and slice your lime.
- Add strawberry and lime to tea and let it chill in the fridge until desired temperature. (You can quicken this process by adding ice)
- Once cold, take it out of the fridge and add sweetener to taste. (I used 1 teaspoon of organice pure cane sugar on mine)
- Mix and Enjoy 🙂